Happiness & Inner peace
5 Love tokens a day! You decide what a love token represents for you. It could be a half hour of yoga, ten minutes of quiet time, meditation, reading a few pages in silence, having a special meal. The main element of love tokens is that they fill you up with positive energy and emotions.
- Decide as a family (or classroom) how many love tokens you wish to add to your daily habits.
- Write down what each token will represent. Be specific.
- Assemble the box and place the tokens inside once they have been achieved.
- Repeat daily.
Make your own inspirational and personalized bookmarks with the qualities/ways that help you share your light with others.
- Discuss what sharing our light means to each one.
- Discuss whether or not we have a choice over our actions and words when faced with challenging situations.
- Print on cardboard and give each child one bookmark to finish.
- Use as reminders that we always have a choice in how we show and share our inner light with the world.
- Use to discuss consciousness and intention.
- Use with affirmations.
- Use as needed.
We know what kindness is supposed to look like and yet we often forget that we need to start with ourselves. Kindness towards ourselves can look like and mean something very different to each of us. Depending on when and where the question is asked, the answer will change. Whatever the answer is for you, it is a question worth asking.
- Discuss how being kind to ourselves is the first step towards any other form of kindness.
- Discuss how depending on our needs, kindness can mean and look like something different each time.
- Print and keep as a visual reminder of the importance of kindness.
- Fill up when needed and see what comes up for you.
- Do as a family and have each person fill up a section.
- Use as part of therapy.
- Use as needed.
Little love notes to write ourselves in times of need. These notes can help us change our inner dialogue over time to something kinder and more in tune with our true selves. Write a few in advance and keep them in a secret place for you to access when needed or keep them blank and use to re-balance the negative thoughts into something more positive when necessary.
- Discuss the importance of loving ourselves as an essential step towards happiness.
- Color and cut.
- Write little love notes, reminders that you are loved, short anecdotes that remind you that you are loved, or kind words to keep around for times when we forget.
- Write love notes for other family members or friends.
- Use as part of therapy.
- Use at needed.
A visual reminder that we can all take small steps to intentionally influence the direction of our day.
- Place in front of your door at home and have each family member pick one paper strip before leaving the house or entering the classroom.
- Place in front of your classroom and have the students take one at the start of each week.
- Blank version available for you to make your own or have children write their own needs depending on the challenges they are facing.
- Keep papers as reminders.
Summer is a time for new or different experiences. For giving ourselves time to finish something long overdue, or for filling up our inner emotional well with wonderful memories.
- Use your list as a conversation starter to explore the benefits of different types of experiences.
- Use to explore nature and have fun.
- Add to or create your own list and try to do things that challenge you or push you beyond your own comfort level.
- Use to have conversations about living in the present moment and enjoying the gifts of each season.
- Use as you wish!
Bags of delight to increase those moments of laughter and joy!
- Use in the classroom to lighten the mood on Friday afternoons. Give each child a few cards and have them write a couple of clean jokes to create a fun deck of cards.
- Use at home by challenging each other with funny things to do or keeping an idea bank of fun activities.
- Host a party where each family you invite has to bring a deck of delight and get ready to laugh!
- Come up with your own use for these cards!
A beautiful and simple reminder that all love starts with self-love. A great way to talk about the many facets of love with your child and how love relates to happiness. Print, cut, assemble and personalize by adding your own affirmations.
- Talk about how loving ourselves is the first step towards happiness.
- Write your own words and keep as reminders for times when we forget.
- Share your finished product at school or with others.
Help children stay in the flow (or present) by sharing these focus and emotional re-alignment tools. A great way to help kids who have a hard
time letting go and moving past certain events.
- Use as discussion tools when you see a child having a hard time with letting go of something that happened in the past.
- Make your own list of what works for you.
- Use with children who are always distracted as a way to help them come back to the present situation on their own.